Wednesday, April 29, 2009

To paraphrase Colbert, "Nation, you're doing one helloffa job."

... I like that Colbert refers to his viewing audience as "Nation." Stellar. That guy cracks me up ... Clever clever.

Regardless, I wanted to post this link ... From, hahaha, The Nation.

So, our administration is doing a bang-up job trying to get the country moving forward in the right direction. In the past 100 days, a whole lot has been done, but there is still so much more to forge ahead with.

For example ... green infrastructure ... job creation ... environmental legislation ... yeah, you're catching my drift. The article is done well and it helps me segue into this next link, brought to my attention by my good friend, Mr. Casey Rollins (how'dya' like that plug, budday??).

Just look at that grid, people!

God, bless NPR, would ya'? This is an incredible example of how to visualize American consumption ... and it's interactive!! What's not to like?? This goes along with the whole concept of revamping our infrastructure ... Oh, how long we've waited for the days when sustainable practice isn't just practice any longer! Those days will come, kiddos, but in the mean time the only way to change private industry is by making noise with your wallet. Let them know how you feel by how you spend!!!

That's all for now, I'm off for a run before I work overtime tonight. Wish me luck .. this girl is having trouble getting back into shape!

God speed, ya'll. Give a tree a smooch.

Love,
Say

No comments: