Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Green Guide is almost out

Hey readers. Despite the drizzle, I'm pleased with the way this week is working out. Of course, I can say that because I was out yesterday, making it a short week at work for me (all good things).

I spent the weekend at Sebec Lake visiting Mark's grandparents with his brother and sister-in-law. What an incredible place- the amount of wildlife we see each time is astounding ... even with so many lake houses on the shores and motorboats in the water.

Mark and I were swimming off a paddle boat we maneuvered to deep water and when popping our heads out of the waves we noticed we were joined by a loon not more than a few feet from us. He gave a nice hollar, which I'm sure amounted to the same thing as, "Who the hell do you think you are? Get out of mah house!" and then he dove off. It was pretty thrilling to be so close and get a yell out of him. Really fantastic stuff.

So, after several weeks of writing in my spare time and taking countless photos and conducting multiple interviews, the Green Guide I participate in is on it's way to the presses. I get so anxious when my work goes to print. I think that's because I don't get to see the paper get put together. I'm one of the rogue freelancers that has to wait for gratification. No matter, in a few days it will be available for distribution- so I certainly hope everyone snags a copy. Don't worry, it's printed on recycled paper.

My pieces for this issue focused on the community gardens in Concord and one of my new favorite places on Earth: D Acres in Dorchester, NH. The text for both of these pieces wasn't used, but I guess the D Acres piece got turned into a photo spread, so that's pretty nice. More photo credits to add to my portfolio! The whole place was a veritable photo shoot. It was hard not to take a good picture- so with that said, I've set the bar of expectations pretty high! Ha!

In other news, it's official that I will be starting my Accounting 101 requirement this fall. That puts me one step closer to starting my Green MBA. Big thanks to Caily for the sweet mention on the Face Space. You're awesome, lady friend.

Alrighty, so much for all that business. Time to get on to other things. More posting soon!!! As for those photos I mentioned, I would totally post them, but I would hate to ruin the surprise in the paper. ;-)

You can see a pdf of all that jazz at Green Guide NH.

Love,
Say

No comments: