Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cheers to NH Liquor Stores

I'm sure it seems like I'm writing about booze a fair amount, but this particular news item was sent to me by my friend and co-worker, Heidi. This was an AP story yesterday ... Here's the link:

Absolut Green Initiative.

It's happened with out Mark and I having to go door to door to restaurants, begging they start recycling more. The NH Liquor Commission, along with the Restaurant Association, has partnered with Absolut Vodka to begin the transition to running all NH Liquor Stores as green as possible!

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful development! New Hampshire is the first of 18 states to get this underway- primarily because NH distributes liquor through the government, not private enterprise. So, it's easier to get all of NH's Liquor stores on the same page rather than try to get a couple in Massachusetts to consider participating. We're going to be a shining beacon for the rest of the country and I couldn't be happier. Soon, restaurants will be converting wasteful practices and I won't have to give up bottles of Sierra Nevada when I go out with friends.

Leave it to that big gold dome in Concord for making this all possible. I'm so pleased with where the Capitol City is headed recently. I mean, check this out:

Green Concord? This can only get huge, I know it.

Now the city is supposedly putting recycling bins next to the trash recepticles on Main Street, too. Holy Moly. I think I should write about that for the Hippo.

Yeah ... that's a good idea.

Psyched!

Alright, time to get some work done. I have a few interviews today, so I should be traveling a fair amount. Wish me luck, guys!

Love,
Say

1 comment:

Dan Brian said...

Gratz on the Blogger switch! Although I think yours is totally good enough and consistent to get a legit wordpress or Moveable Type deal going.

The other great thing about how consistent your work is, you can easily make a reader out of all of this with in a year or two.